Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Say good bye mom!


Just a little something to tickle your funnybone!


I was shopping and noticed a little old lady following me around.

I stopped, she stopped. Furthermore she kept staring at me.

She finally overtook me at the checkout, and she turned to me and said,

"I hope I haven't made you feel ill at ease; it's just that you look so much like my late daughter."

I answered, "That's okay."

"I know it's silly, bu t if you'd call out "Good bye, Mom" as I leave the store, it would make me feel so happy."

She then went through the checkout, and as she was on her w ay out of the store, I called out, "Goodbye, Mom."

The little old lady waved, and smiled back at me. Pleased that I had brought a little sunshine into someone's day, I went to pay for my groceries.

"That comes to $121.85," said the clerk. "How come so much .. I only bought 5 items.."

The clerk replied, "Yeah, but your Mother said you'd be paying for her things too."

7 comments:

Martha said...

That's too much! What a funny story.

(Of course it didn't really happen. I remember how upset you were at the scarecrow incident.)

Carole Burant said...

Dearest Michelle...wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas! I know I'm a few days late but I'm just now catching up with everybody. Sounds like you had a very lovely Christmas...love the picture of Katie -Bug modelling her new denim jacket! hehe I'm still giggling at this joke, too funny!!! Much love xox

Anonymous said...

Michelle,

That is a funny story! Thanks for the laugh.

I hope you and Jack are doing well. How are you feeling?

Hugs,

Julianne

Susie said...

Cute joke, I called my husband in to hear this one!
:)

Anonymous said...

That gave me a good chuckle.

Pamela said...

Lol, oh Michelle, this was the best one I've heard in ages! Too Cute! lol :)

Meari said...

LOL, that's so funny!