Monday, March 12, 2007

Let's talk and share some stitching!

News!

It has been gorgeous here the last few days. We are all really enjoying it! Today it has been in the 70's and on our morning walk Katie and I discovered some daffodils and grape hyacinths blooming. The trees are getting buds on them too. When I go out back, I hear all kinds of birds singing. Cardinals, robins, meadowlarks, chickadees and doves to name a few. All getting ready to start families for the year. The grass is even getting green in spots. On a day like today, it is hard to believe that exactly one year ago we had terrible tornadoes and storms come rolling through. What a difference a year can make.


Stitchy News

Below is a chart Jack let me buy. It is from Rosewood Manor and called Dragonfly, Dragonfly and was marked down to $2.50 because she is trying to get rid of them. I don't believe she is going to reprint them. I have wanted it for a long time but didn't want to buy anything right now as we are getting ready to move. He insisted I buy it though so I wouldn't miss out on it. That is my Jack!
This is my progress on Life's Lesson Sampler that I am working on. I needed a small break from my fairy. It will have a border of morning glories (my faves!) and there will be flowers in the urn here. Above the urn is a heart with two colorful birds sitting on it. There is a house at the bottom with a picket fence. Towards the top is a place for my initials and year done. The uppercase alphabet is below the small ones. I wish I had a picture to show you what it will look like finished but it is long gone. Where I do not know! The finished size will be about 14 x 18 so it is fairly good sized. I am doing it on seaglass blue evenweave from Charles Craft. Have an awesome day ya all! That is all my news for now!

3 comments:

lena-lou said...

How nice your blog is looking, nice and friendly and welcoming :-)) Just like you I imagine. Very nice stitching too and what a nice chart Jack mad you get :-))
Have a the rest of a lovely week!!

Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Michelle:-) I've been out most of the day so just now trying to catch up on some blogs...will also answer your email shortly:-) Loved hearing from you!! Still no sign of Spring here...although the snow is starting to melt a wee bit, there's still so much to go yet. Always enjoy seeing how far along you are in a stitching project:-) xox

Sharon said...

Very neat chart-how sweet of your hubby to insist you get it. very nice progress on life lessons sampler.