Sunday, March 18, 2007

A poem for you


GOD SHEDS HIS LOVE AROUND US

God sheds His love around us
As spring brings forth her blossoms-
The mountain peaks, the canyons deep
Speak that He is so awesome!
One cannot view a rainbow
Or hear a cardinal sing,
Smell the sweet aroma of honeysuckle
And watch an eagle take to wing
Without believing in miracles
That occur everyday,
Which we often take for granted,
Enlightening our way.

The rolling waves of the ocean,
A shell upon the shore,
Hummingbirds so tiny-
Yet who could ask for more?
The pitter-patter of each raindrop,
Dew upon a rose,
An acorn falling from the oak-
It's amazing how it grows!
God sheds His love around us,
For He just loves to share
The bounty of this beautiful world
And how much He cares!

Linda C. Grazulis

7 comments:

Susie said...

Love the painting and the poem is so wonderful. Thank you Michelle, I loved this!!
((hugs))

Sharon Lynne said...

That's a wonderful poem. I recently commented to a friend that I had never seen God...and it took quite a lot of faith to believe in Him. She reminded me that we see God every day in creation. So your poem was a nice reminder of that today!!

Esther said...

I love seeing your crafts on this blog!! Really pretty purple fabric & yellow blanket in the picture this week.

Since you like crafts, have you seen the 5MinutesForMom blogger that does tatting? I found her blog once and lost it ;o(
I want to find her blog again and show my friend Lisa, who does tatting. IF you know who that mystery blogger is, could you please let me know? Thanks, Esther

groovyoldlady said...

Nice poem, but she should have added another stanza about seeing God in snow and mud! (LOTS of snow and mud!)

Amydeanne said...

what a wonderful poem!

Lucy said...

That painting is so pretty...thanks for sharing that poem...it is so true!

By the grace of God ... said...

This is a beautiful poem -- thank you for it. It touched what I needed touched today!! LOL!