Thursday, March 1, 2007

What a night!

We had quite a morning today! We were awakened at 5 a.m. by the tornado sirens. It never touched down but it was a close call. Sadly to the east of us a tornado did touch down destroying property and worse taking the life of a seven year old girl. Remember her family in your prayers please.
Well, I finished Happy Home last night. I am quite pleased with how it turned out. We will wait to frame it after the move some time. It wasn't a bad project all in all although the vines about drove me silly a few times. One time I had to tear out the same section 3 times. That wasn't fun!

Here is my fairy I am working on. She is just a blob right now as I just started on her last night. This one is going to take quite a bit of time I think. The fabric is small count and these old eyes don't see it as good. Think it will be a fun one too though.

Here is a picture of my Great aunt Jaunita. Her home going celebration will be this Saturday. Will there be tears? Yes but mostly it will be good memories of a loving life, smiles and maybe a little laugh at some sweet thought. We rejoice that she is with Her Lord and Savior whom she loved and served. Also she is reunited with her beloved Moody who she has missed so much and other loved family members and friends.

4 comments:

Susie said...

I was so sad to read about the little girl who lost her life due to the tornado. How scary that must have been to awake to those sirens!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that your area was spared by the tornado, but very sad about the little girl.

What a beautiful hand-work you have complete.

Condolences on your loss.

Meari said...

Oh how sad about the little girl :( It must've been scary waking up to the tornado sirens! Glad it missed you guys.

Meari said...

Congrats on your finish, too! :D