Saturday, May 26, 2007

How to spend a quiet Saturday

How do you spend a quiet, pleasant Saturday? Jack is reading,
Michelle is sewing,
And Katie is puttering in the yard. We took a ride out to the park here in town and had a little ice cream treat too. Hope you are having a great weekend and remember why we have Memorial day and be thankful for all the sacrifices made to keep us free here in the USA!
Well, I finished the wedding sampler. Just a couple more beads to attach and off it will go next week. I am thankful it is done and can go to Ma and Thomas!
Jack finished a project too! It is such a cute little thing!
Here is a baby quilt Jack is working on now! It will be a lot of work but the colors are so soft and pretty! He isn't sure what he will do with it yet. May go to Newborns In Need or our doctor who is expecting.
So that is our weekend! God bless and see ya soon!

13 comments:

TO BECOME said...

What a restful Saturday. I love all the handwork you all have done and are finishing. Thank God for those men who have been willing to give their all and some did for us. Thanks for the reminder. connie from Texas

Susan said...

Love the one that says what we become is our gift to God.
Susan

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Looks like my kind of weekend!
Your Project for Ma and Thomas is very special Michelle...So glad you got it done for them in time :)
Jack's project is beautiful :)
And that is a cute baby quilt :)
You both do such lovely work!

Suzanne said...

oh your front porch looks so inviting!! Wish I was there to sit and stitch with ya'll! Suz

someone else said...

All your needlework projects are really lovely. Have a great weekend!

Carole Burant said...

I sooo love your porch...it reminds me of my gran's porch that she had and how much I use to love sitting in her rocking chair that she had on it! That certainly brought back a lot of wonderful memories:-) Congrats on finishing the wedding sampler...they will love it! Jack does such beautiful needlework too!!! Happy Memorial Day weekend my friend:-) xoxo

Sue Seibert said...

What lovely work you both do...my eyes won't do cross stitch any longer.

vegasangelbrat said...

Oh is that what a front porch looks like..lol I sure wish I could join you there and even a rocker too..Nice place to relax and work on projects...speaking of, they've turned out great!! (as always) Hope you both enjoy the rest of your Holiday weekend!!

Greg said...

Nice way to spend a Saturday. I wish my front porch was that big, I would have a spot to my rocker and rock away.

The Wedding Sampler turned out FANTASTIC! So has the God's Gift Sampler. You both have done such beautiful work.

Susie said...

I've always loved a front porch! How lucky your are. I enjoyed seeing both yours and Jack's beautiful work!
xo

Sharon said...

Congratulations on your finish-looks wonderful! Your wip's are great.

Anonymous said...

what a great porch! I'd be out there a lot myself :)

Ms. Kathleen said...

Who, what a beautiful place you live in. And I agree with Pea, what a fabulous porch! The sampler is just perfect. What a testament it is...so much truth.

Hugs to you!