Friday, June 29, 2007

Happy Friday!

Here is Jack's baby quilt! He is just zooming along on it!
I have been crocheting some granny squares for the neighbor. Nice break from cross stitching!
Here is my funky little heart! Just need to outline it then on to all the squares and such around it!
Thought you might like to actually see a finished piece! I did the stitching in 2000 and then Jack matted and framed it. He says it was a booger to get centered in that heart shaped mat!
Once again Fort Scott and surrounding areas are flooded! We have had lots and lots of rain the last couple of days. Some roads are closed because the Marmeton river is out of its banks and I mean WAY out! So keep us in your thoughts and prayers please!

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

Stitching is coming along nicely! Love the crochet squares, the colors are lovely. We need rain here badly - wish you could send some of yours to us! (HUGS) Suz

JOT said...

I can imagine how difficult framing that heart would have been. Jack did a wonderful job.

Looking forward to seeing the heart finished. It is looking lovely.

I will keep you in my prayers. Flooding is bad in the UK at the moment as well, but thankfully our house has been OK.

Tammy said...

I love coming by here to see what ya'll have been doing!
I hope ya'll get relief from the flooding real soon!
:)

Sue Seibert said...

Yup, we are having heavy flooding hee, too. And, as usual, I love yours and Jack's work. Everything is lovely!

Carole Burant said...

You and Jack have so much talent...pass some on to me will ya?? hehe Such beautiful projects you're both working on and I just love that finished piece...it looks perfect in that heart shaped matte, Jack did a wonderful job centering it!!! xoxo

Sharon said...

Lovely work. I espcially love your granny squares.

Meari said...

Your framed piece looks great with those colors! Did you cut the mat yourself, or buy it that way?