Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas goodies

First a little smile for you! I caught Jack and Katie a couple days ago snoozing away. I couldn't resist a picture!
Now look at this lovely little surprise from a dear friend at the teeny tiny cabin. It arrived the day of Christmas eve and was a wonderful thing to get in the mail! Isn't it pretty? She is a very talented lady with a gracious and loving spirit and I encourage you to pay her a visit.
The back is every bit as lovely!
Each year we buy a small present for each other, a little care package for a friend who has had a rough year or maybe doesn't have family and a little something the two of us would like. I had been looking at clocks but they were way more than we allow ourselves to spend. Then the company marked it down to seventy dollars. Close but still too much. THEN I got an e mail from the company for half off clearance items. I thought maybe this will work but I was still concerned over the cost with the shipping as this thing weighs nearly 45 pounds and is 59 inches tall. But it wouldn't hurt to see what the cost would be. Well, low and behold, they added the price of the clock to the thirty dollar shipping and then took off 50%. So I ordered it for the grand sum with shipping of fifty dollars! It is a bit more than we usually spend but I love it!
I got Jack some nice warm house slippers. If his feet get cold he is in big trouble with pain and swelling so gotta keep those tootsies warm!
And jack got me a new pair of sewing scissors and 5 yards of fabric! It will become curtains for my kitchen. I love the little apples on it.

So that was our Christmas. We had a nice meal of turkey, baked sweet potato casserole, baked squash, homemade stuffing, cheese filled crescent rolls and an apple/raisin kuchen for dessert. We have lots of turkey for many more meals and will be eating leftover side dishes for a week! I hope your Christmas was as blessed as ours.
Thank you to all who prayed for and sent loving thoughts my way with my blue week last week. I am much better this week. Being bi polar I am usually on the manic side but every once in awhile I swing the other way. Such is life! until next time kids, remember you are loved!

13 comments:

~~Deby said...

Looks like a great Christmas to me...teh clock is gorgeous...I know you will treasure it..and got sucha good deal...love all the pictures and I am glad that you are doing better....
Deby

DaisyGirl said...

What a cool clock! I want a cocooclock(is that how you spell it?) We had a great day here, love the material, will look great as curtains!
Donna

Sharon said...

WOW! You got a deal on that clock! Very nice!!

I'm glad you had a nice Christmas!! :-)

I have a niece in her mid-twenties who has bi-polar and she refuses to take any meds for it. She's not a very nice person. I need to pray for her more than I do.

Humble wife said...

Wow! I am first going to say I love the ornament!!! AND what a deal you got on the clock!!! Can't wait to see the pictures of the curtains! I love the apple feel in a kitchen!


I am so happy to read that you had such a nice Christmas.

Have a warm cozy day with the chimes of the clock!

lena-lou said...

All the best of SEAsONS Greetings to you Michelle :-))

Jane said...

I love the new fabric for the curtains! It looked like you had a very cozy Christmas!

Dawn said...

Love the picture - they look so contented!

The clock deal is fantastic. You were blessed.

Have a wonderful week-end!

J-ME said...

Oh, how beautiful the ornament and clock are. I always wanted a grandfather clock when I was a little girl. You have a treasure!
Can't wait to meet Lucy!

Anonymous said...

i love the clock!!! it's so nice! and that ornament is verypretty! Glad you had a nice xmas!!

Patty said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. The clock is beautiful !

groovyoldlady said...

Sorry I haven't been round much as usual. Been dealing with my own color of blue.

The clock is fabulous! I'm also very impressed that you are married to a man with a good eye for fabric!

Merry Week after Christmas!

Meari said...

What a nice Christmas the two of you had. Food sounds yummy, and the ornament is very pretty. :)

someone else said...

The picture of the nap-takers is a hoot! They look so peaceful.