Sunday, July 20, 2008

Another city picnic come and gone!

This weekend was our yearly city picnic. Thought I would share some pictures and what goes on around here. Lots of people come into town just for this! It was 127 years for the picnic! Looking north on Main Street.
This is looking south on Main Street from our churches parking lot.
I kinda think this ride looks fun!
Here are what goes on:
Thursday
Frog jumping contest, tennis shoe toss and sidewalk chalk art. Then a balloon toss followed by concerts by local and regional acts. In the evening they have the rides and such going. Plus our Municipal band, last years talent winner and the talent contest.
Friday
Turtle races, hula hoop contest, water balloon toss and concerts. In the evening the rides open, our Municipal band, concert by a regional artist and a magic act.
Saturday
A run to benefit St. Judes hospital,greased pig contest, baby contest, golf cart race, lip sync contest and concerts by various artists. Rides in the evening, music from the Municipal band, nite life and picnic committee introduction and drawing.
So there ya have it! Our good old fashioned picnic! Good to see it come every year but I am also glad to get back to things being a bit less busy with the extra folks in town.

9 comments:

Dawn said...

Sounds like a great old-fashioned time! It's neat that your town is still small enough to have such a event.

DaisyGirl said...

I wish our town had a great festival like like. hope you had fun!
Donna

zztop357 said...

We have something similar called, Festival on the Ridge. I bet You had a blast.I know it was too hot to wiggle this weekend. Heres wishing you cooler weather and fun visits from friends and family.
God bless, Donna

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun!! Haven't been to one in years!!
Diane

~~Deby said...

Looks like a whole lotta old fashioned fun...and you are right..it is always good when things return back to what we consider normal.
Deby

Priscilla said...

Looks fun. The county fair is going on right now in our town...but I am not planning on going.

Barbara said...

Hi! there Michelle.
Just been catching up on your posts. Fair looks fun, thanks for taking us along and giving us a flavour of your town.
I was so thrilled to see a proper picture of you at last. I hate having my photo taken too.
Beautiful embroidery as usual. You are truly gifted. Blessings. Barbara

groovyoldlady said...

I wanna go!

Netter said...

I love things like this. I used to wait all year for the County Fair....ah, good times. You know my niece won the Cutest Baby contest at last year's fair.