Tuesday, November 9, 2010

It's a beautiful day in the Ozarks!

I was helping Jack make a pumpkin cake I got from my dear friend Pam. 
As you can see, we had a ladybug on the ceiling watching us.  We have been trying to catch her and remove her from the house since last night.  Oh well, it is that time of year.
I started another project.  It is from the book "fowl Play" that Jack bought me awhile back knowing how I loved Roosters and chickens.  He is an English Game Bird.  I love the title of that book too!  LOL!
Jack is now working on the second half of his "Last Supper"  To see it in person does it much more justice.
Nothing to get excited about on my wolf.  Just black, black and did I say, black?  LOL!
Yesterday, Jack took time out of his outside chores too put in new outlets and a new switch in our bedroom before I started painting.  Now I don't know about you, but that so called "almond" color they have for switches and outlets is ugly!  I like the nice, crisp, clean white.  Plus our house has brown, black and the almond colors.  What a mess!  We also put the "rocker" style switches that look nicer and our easier for those of us to use who have weak hands.  I finished all the painting in our room save for the west windows which need more work before being painted.  Then all that is left is wallpaper border and staining the floor and installing shelves.
 News on a dog.  There will not be another dog in our household BUT there will be a cat in 2 or 3 months.  We will be adopting most likely from Clinton animal Shelter
So there you have all the doings at the Sew "N Sews.  God bless and keep you and huggles as always.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Michelle, Congratulations on your upcoming adoption! We have three indoor-only cats and they constantly entertain us with their distinctive personalities. (Plus they are much easier to care for and cheaper overall than the dogs we have owned!) I pray you will find a little sweetie that is perfect for you and will bring you years of joy and happiness!

~~Deby said...

Looks like busy busy at your house..too....you both seem to accomplish so much KUDOS to you both...

Lana said...

Ooooh! A new start!!! lookin' good!!! And your wolf looks amazing!!! Who's the designer?

Nancie said...

Hi Michelle,

Your new project is really nice and the wolf too. When they are done, they must be masterpieces again. Love your handiworks always :)

Huggles,
Nancie

Barbara said...

The stitching is beautiful and so clever as always.
Glad you are getting your room done and finished.

You have some great Autumn colours too.

Sorry you were under the weather but hope you are now recovered.

Jamie Oliver is a celebrity chef and he has being doing a lot in America recently helping educate people in healthy eating.

Dee said...

I am sure you will have one happy kitty when he /she finds how much love you will give. My goodness,Your house will be like new when you are finished...you are doing a nice job with it. As always, I like to see the progression of your projects. Dee