Saturday, January 17, 2015

What a week!

Dear me but what a whirl wind week this has ended up being.  Rather than getting better, Jack got worse!By Wednesday evening he was burning hot, had chills and his hand and arm were swollen and red.  I was too ill with a migrane to take him to the hospital then and until next week, we have no phone either or anyone to call to take him.  The next morning after a very bad night and his morning blood sugar at 253, I took him to the er.  We ended up being there from eleven in the morning until six that evening and neither if us had had anything to eat since the day before.  Makes one cranky!  They gave him iv antibiotics and sent him home with oral medicine and we had to return yesterday for a recheck and two more does of iv antibiotics.  He has cellulitis.  We have instructions to return if things are not better or get worse and they will do more iv antibiotics.  However, his fever broke last night and the redness is easing.  This is the swelling of his hand to start.
Trying to think away the pain.
Yep, even bigger today but the redness and arm swelling is gone.

At last able to sleep!
Makes it hard on a fella!  I have not felt to cheerful myself as my head has been hurting so much this week and only today is easing up so I am trying to clean the house and also working on my little dragon as Jack gets needed rest.  Thought the little guy might like having his teacup started!
Turned around to talk to Jack last night and got this in my face!
Daydreaming out the window too!
Daydreaming makes one so tired!
Don't even know what this was about last night!  Makes my neck hurt thinking about that one!
Thanks for visiting!  Huggles and blessings.

10 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

I hope you are both feeling better, tell Syvila too look after you xxxxx

rosey175 said...

Oh no, poor Jack! I had a case of cellulitis last year and it is really no fun at all. I had to take antibiotics as well, although it was pill form over IV. Here's to his quick recovery and Sylvia I am sure is helping him along. :)

groovyoldlady said...

Good Gravy! I'm so sorry Jack was so sick! Cellulitis is nasty - I'm glad you finally got him to the hospital and I'm glad he's on the mend. And you with those migraines. Oy! Here's a big hug for you: (((((((Michelle & Jack)))))))

And please know that I am praying for both of you!

Simply Shelley said...

Was quite the week at my little humble home too. Prayfully we shall all have a better one this week.....blessings to you both

Margaret said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Jack and you are both ill. I hope things are getting better now. Must have been a scare for you! Love the stitching. Love Sylvia -- lol! Having a foot in your face is a treat, huh? :D

Maggie Ann said...

I'm sorry to hear that you and Jack have been having troubles and glad things are going better and that he got to come home. So sorry about your headaches! and his illness. Scary thing when you get really sick. ....I'm good at day dreaming too....even if it gets you no where smile.

Minnie said...

So sorry to hear that both of you are not feeling well. I will pray for your speedy recovery.

Katrina said...

Praying for you both! My mom got staph infection in her ear and neck last month, and she's had cellutitis in her neck. Awful stuff :(. I hope y'all feel better!

laughed at Slyvia, talk to the paw! :D

Take care and get better! :)

Mii Stitch said...

Oh dear! Never heard of cellulitis but it does look nasty & painful. Hope you're both feeling better xx

Barbara said...

Catching up with all your handy work and was sorry to see that Jack got sick. Cellulitis is no fun. Glad that by now he is doing well though.