Saturday, December 2, 2017

Back at last!

We are both finally over that awful virus. Jack still has a bit of a cough now and again. Going to church tomorrow for the first time in a couple weeks. Today Jack felt well enough and the weather was nice enough he walked downstairs to check the mail. He came back with bloody, scratched and cut hands, bruised ribs on one side and even his nose was skinned. Yep, he fell. *sigh* I think I shall wrap him in bubble wrap.
 That sweet husband of mine really surprised me good this year with presents. Nope, we do not wait until Christmas day to open presents. First a Kindle showed up for me.
Then a few days later this showed up. It is a four inch pin loom.
I have been playing with it as you can see.
We have done without a lot and struggled quite a bit since losing our home in 2011 and Jack felt I deserved special treats this year. So sweet of him. He has been rewarded with jammies and a couple models he wanted for some time.
The trees are still lovely in some places although most have lost there leaves.
Our dear little 84 year old neighbor downstairs brought this lovely poinsettia to us a couple days ago. So sweet is little Miss Trudy!
I have been crocheting also. I have now finished this hat.
Working now on angels. Sorry no picture and squares for an afghan for a friend.
Our squirrels visit daily sometimes several times a day.
Sylvia is still Sylvia!
Enjoying her Christmas giftie today!
Here is Jack when he felt so bad.
So now you are all caught up with us. Thanks for visiting. I need to catch up on my blog reading! Huggles and blessings.

8 comments:

Maggie Ann said...

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that your hubby fell. I hope all those skinned places heal quickly! What a great gift a Kindle is! Did you know if you buy a book on Kindle (or pick out a free one) and whisper sync is listed for it....you can listen to it as an audible book if you have....either the right Kindle, or in our case...the Amazon dot....known as Alexa. Usually for a couple of dollars to add Audible. You have to be looking for these books. there is a way you can get Amazon to scan your list of Kindle books to see if any qualify for an audible upgrade and for how much $. I love technology.

Your crochet is such a pretty pink. I hope you have a blessed Lord's Day

Poppypatchwork said...

I hope Jack is feeling better after his fall, so easy to go down. Love the items you are making, they are so colourful. We love to see wildlife in our garden. Both our cats stay in their baskets most of the day, it has been really cold (for us) this past week.

Rhonda said...

My husband and I both enjoy our kindles. They are such a space saver compared to paper books.
There are oodles of free books. Amazon has new free kindle books. Kindles have so much storage and I get every free book I think we might like.

Little Penpen said...

So sorry to hear your husband fell!! But glad to hear you both are feeling better. I love love love my Kindle and get free books almost daily, so keep your eyes open for the freebies! Your little loom is adorable... what do you use to weave with? I had the classic little loom, as a child, that came with bags of precut loops and I made tons of potholders! :)))

Regina said...

I'm so glad you both are feeling better. I just love your crochet projects! They are always so pretty!

Out My window said...

Oh my. Poor Jack. Does he need to use a cane? I worry for you. I loved making things on my pin loom when I was a girl.

Margaret said...

Hope Jack is ok from his fall. Poor fellow. How sweet of him to get you all these lovely presents! I've always been curious about the zoom loom. And a kindle is a must in my book! Although I still love real books too. your crochet looks wonderful as always. And Sylvia -- Mia says hi!

Cathy said...

So glad that you are both feeling better. Such nice gifts you received! And very well-deserved. I always love seeing your work, and your crochet projects are lovely.