Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Things you may (or may not) wish to know about me.

I was asked how long I have been cross stitching.  When I was ten years old, my counselor taught me how to do counted cross stitch to help me cope with the death of my mother.  I enjoyed cross stitching from day one.  I didn't switch to stamped cross stitch until I was around 20 years old.  Now I am 51 years old and still stitching away!
As a youngster I also wanted to learn to tat as my Grandmother on my Father's side did.  My Uncle modified a tatting shuttle for me to look like my Grandmothers but Grandmother really had no patience to teach me.
I had an Aunt that taught me how to crochet when I was eleven.  She was a very patient, loving teacher which is most likely why I love crochet so much still today.  I have picked up other hobbies along the way to keep my hands and my mind busy.
If you have any other questions you are curious about, please ask.  I will answer them in another post!  God bless and huggles!

4 comments:

Hishandmaid said...

Hi, I just found your blog! I am just learning to cross stitch, and for my second project I have started this very chart. Thank you for sharing. I look forward to getting to know you better!

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Hey Michelle,
I am sending you a cross stitching. I hope you enjoy it.
Blessings,
Bren

~katie~ said...

I love that Cross Stitch! What beautiful work and I love the message! Great job! You are blessed with great talent!

Lucy said...

I'm doing this same cross stitch but in the Spanish language. Isn't it beautiful...love it in reds!