Thursday, November 18, 2010

My mom, roosters, kitties and fun!

We had to pull out and redo the door when a problem developed. The door had racked. come to find out, the wood below it had rotted. See the area just above the blue rug? That was the problem spot.  Here Jack has a new piece going in.
Saw this cute display yesterday whilst in Nevada MO.
This little kitten was hiding beneath the shed.  He is sick poor thing so we will try to trap him so he can be cared for.
This is my mom.  She was born November 18, 1934 in Cedar Springs, Mo not to far east of where we live.  She died March 26, 1969 a couple days after giving birth to a stillborn son.  I was only 9 at the time.  I thought you would like to meet her.
Here is my rooster.  I decided he needed a head so he at least looked like a rooster!  LOL!
And here is Jack working away Monday on the door.  It took lots longer than we planned and Jack is still hurting from it.  I am not hurting anymore but I sure am glad it's done!
So there is my little post for you.  I enjoyed the visit.  Be blessed and huggles.

5 comments:

Mo said...

Lovely mother....and yes, the rooster looks better with a head!

Lisa said...

Oh Michelle, Your mom is absolutely beautiful! What an engaging smile she had - I'm sure she was lots of fun! Thank you for sharing such a lovely, personal picture.

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Your mother and I share the same birthday. Not the same year just the same month and day.
She is a beautiful lady. I am sorry you were young when she passed away.
God bless you.
Bren

Dee said...

What a beautiful mom and so sad you only had her for nine years of your life. The rooster looks great, you have got a lot done since I last visited,a nd I just love seeing a man with a hammer. Have a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving. Dee

BrendaC said...

Your mom is a beautiful lady!