Thursday, October 10, 2019

Life happens and then you crochet!

Again I have been missing for far too long! I do not remember if I mentioned my Jack started suffering from anemia in March and despite prescription iron, is still not over it and they do not know why. Therefore I am doing as much as I can so Jack can save his limited strength and do what he can as he can. He has managed to finish almost all the painting repair and light hanging in the bathroom. So he does what he can! At times I am to tired or headachey to even care to write a post and I am sorry for that.
That said let me share some pictures of silly Sylvia the garden leopard.






 We have had way to much rain this past week. Saturday night and Sunday last week we had about 8 inches of rain. We have more coming tonight.




 The kids enjoyed it after church!
I have managed some crocheting and some weaving too. And got some discontinued yarn for 99 cents a skein.


We also took the top from an old coffee table we had, bought a base for it and some chairs at a flea market so now we have a kitchen table. I also found my Grandmother's everyday table cloth for it. Whilst rummaging, I also found the table cloths Jack stitched and put on the dining table.



Had a butterfly visitor too!
Last night after Vespers at church, our priest and his wife gave us these lovely snake plants!They are also known as mother in law tongue.
Leaves are just beginning to change here and we had a lovely sunrise this morning.


Lastly I leave you with my latest read. I have not gotten far as I am buried in commissions for crochet work, but it is a good book thus far..

Thanks for visiting. Huggles and blessings.

10 comments:

Mother Em said...

She's bacccccckkkkkkkkk. So glad to see/hear you again. Hope Jack get's his iron up ...is he eating enough liver, spinach, pumpkin seeds, chickpeas, beans, etc. Sure you've checked online for ideas and doctor has provided info. Loving Ms. Sylvia ...looks like our Oreo (which we lost a couple months ago as someone put out rat poison and she got into or ate the rat!) and Binkie who's still with us. I have that Duck-Duck Goose, too; hand-me-down from our daughter. Rain ...we haven't had any in so long that everything is dying or has died. There wasn't much from the garden this year. Well, on that note, gotta get dinner going ...have a great evening and see/hear from you soon. (Love that weaving and colors; you and Jack-of-all-trade are amazing!

Maggie Ann said...

I enjoyed seeing all the photos of your sweet Sylvia =). Your weaving looks great, I am impressed! I started one and gave up on it. I hope your husband can get better from the anemia soon, I will pray for him tonight. I need to go do my exercises for my jaw...tmj I think its called. and....those pretty kitchen chairs...the blue finish is beautiful!

Lynda said...

Good to see an update. I'm sorry about Jack's health and your headaches. Hope you both feel better soon. Your home is looking lovely and cosy. xx

Poppypatchwork said...

I hope Jack is feeling better soon, it's a worrying time when your other half is unwell. I love your table and chairs, it's a great make over.
We are due heavy rain this weekend, so no plans to go out at all, but I have plenty of craft to do.
Love the colours in your discounted yarn.

Mary said...

You and Jack are in my thoughts and prayers, some vitamins help people absorb iron better, there are also foods like dairy, that people taking iron need to avoid as they prevent the person’s body from absorbing the iron supplements.

Regina said...

I'm sorry Jack is still suffering from anemia. Has he been to a hematologist? I know Medicare is so fussy about what it will pay for. I love the yarn stash. Lion Brand had a sale of select yarn and other items 10 for $10 about a month ago and I certainly couldn't pass that up!
As always it's good to see Sylvia.

Little Penpen said...

Such pretty pictures! I'm sorry Jack isn't feeling his best. I hope he can get some strength back and feel more like himself again. You scored on the yarn... And the weaving project is beautiful. The kitchen table is wonderful and I love the blue chairs. Great to hear from all of you again (Sylvia).

Margaret said...

I do hope Jack's anemia gets under control soon. Love seeing your weaving and crochet! Hope you both stay well -- take it easy!

PlainCatholic said...

Keeping both you and Jack in prayers for a return of good health. Never is it fun to feel so knackered.

Luludou said...

Sending positive vibes for your husband's health. Love seeing all your crafting and the chairs are beautiful in teal. have a great week