Thursday, October 29, 2020

Tired but accomplished much!

 Just a quick pop in. Nearly finished with packing, just the last minute things to pack such as clothes and a small amount of kitchen stuff needed. We had a scare on a Monday night at bedtime though on the 19th. Jack was taking the hand truck up to bring things down the next day. He got to the top of the stairs where the carpet becomes tile and slipped and fell. By the grace of God, I had gone off the stairs to reset the humidifier or that hand truck would have hit me in the head. Also Jack fell forward and not down the stairs. I really believe our guardian angels spared us! Jack's glasses broke, cutting his forehead so we were off in the fog and rain to the hospital. They patched him up after a cat scan and all and we were home by midnight.

The night of the fall.

On the 23rd it looked worse but all is healing very well now.

Please pray for us if you will. Jack has limited energy from chronic anemia and balance issues also. I have my own health issues but do as much as I can to spare my beloved Jack. The movers are here the 11th of November. We do have some pieces of furniture to bring down but not much. It does worry me though but we will take our time. It costs extra funds for them to bring it down that we do not have. Huggles and blessings!



5 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

Good news that Jack fell forward and not down the stairs, life is hard as we get older, we have to plan how to do most things these days. I will keep everything crossed for you and your move. xxxx

Mother Em said...

Oh, poor Jack. But miraculous that neither were hurt too badly. Is there no one, youngsters from the Church to help with bringing things down? Sure you could bake cookies, crocheted gift them in return.

Praying for a safe move and God Bless.

Mary in Georgia

Regina said...

Oh your poor Jack!😮 You for sure had angels. I'll be praying for you all. I missed seeing pictures of The Boss Cat😻z

Katrina said...

Said prayers for y'all and that the moving goes well!

Mary said...

So glad to see your post, Michelle. Your in my thoughts and prayers.