Saturday, April 1, 2023

A little talk and some crafts

 For those wondering how Jack is doing. That often depends on the day. some days are a struggle to walk due to balance issues and back pain as well. Those days are for more stitching and sitting hobbies. Other days are better and he can help with dishes and other chores. He also loves playing with Bozz kitty and laughing at his silliness. That silly cat is often full of so much energy and orneriness it isn't funny. Jack always uses a walker when leaving the apartment an I drive now as it is painful for him. All in all, we are thankful for so much and so blessed. I often have little projects to do for others and that is a joy. I am thankful for the lovely neighbors around us and our little apartment that is so easy to care for! Now, on to some crafty stuff we have been up to!

Yarn for a heavy cardigan for next winter for myself. I got the yarn at a very good sale price so that was good.
Doing an icon of the Protection of the Theotokos for our Priest's wife.
A poncho for those crisp days that is now finished.
A Christmas table toper for a friend.
Jack;s latest baby quilt for a friend.

An afghan waiting to be finished some day.


So here we are in our sweet little hometown and apaprtment doing the best we can, going to church as often as we can and just living our lives the best we can! Blessings and huggles!


6 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

I love the colour of your sale yarn. Glad Jack has more good days.

Regina said...

Jack is very talented. You can't find many men who enjoy needle type crafts. You will need to share how you two met and how he got into crafts. I'm crocheting a cowl because my neck gets so cold. I'll share about it on a future blog post. Have a blessed week.

Mother Em said...

You still in Joplin? College View Dr. Want to send a card, but have old address.

Have a great Holy Week.

Mary in Georgia (you've done work for me in the past)

Lynda said...

Lovely to see photos of your new little home. I moved recently too and downsized quite a bit. It takes a while to get into a new routine, but I too am enjoying my new home and town. xx

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

The best we can is the best we can. I find that as we grow older, there are more challenges physically, but I do try to keep busy as I can. May God bless you and bring healing in Jesus' name.
Have a great weekend! Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

Mother Em said...

Hellooooo - are you guys doing well? Been awhile since we've heard anything from you. Sending hugs and blessings from Georgia.