Friday, May 4, 2007

Show and tell Friday

Kelli is hosting this Show and Tell friday today. I thought it would be interesting to do.
The angel in the middle will always be very special to me. Of course they all are, especially the ones that were gifts. Jack gave me this one for Christmas in 2003. Not so special you say? Let me tell you about that time in my life. 2003 and 2004 were not easy years.

In October of 2003, my 93 year old Grandmother passed away. She had been like my mom since my mother died when I was 9. Although I was glad Grams wasn't suffering anymore it still is hard to let them go. Just as I was getting through that another blow came. The Monday before Christmas Jack became very ill and ended up in the hospital. He had a very bad case of pancreatitis and was one step away from being in the ICU! He had to go without food for a few days to give his pancreas time to rest. Come to find out he had a bad gallbladder and had to have surgery the week after Christmas. I ended up bringing all our gifts to the hospital and we celebrated there and opened presents. That angel kept me company and eased my loneliness and sadness until Jack came home on New years Day.
In March, just as Jack was starting to get better, our little dog Bubba became ill. 3 weeks later, Bubba had to be put to sleep at the age of 6 and a half. I have told you the story of Bubba before so I will spare the retelling. It just so happens the day we lost Bubba was the same day in 1969 when my mom passed away. All those emotions just about did me in! I suffered a severe depressive episode with my bi polar and had to quit working. I have been unable to work since then.
As if all that wasn't enough, on September 26 of that year our friend Mary passed away just two days after her 46th birthday. She had fought cancer for nearly 10 years and although I wouldn't want her to suffer that anymore, I really miss her.
Through all this, the angel Jack had given me was a reminder of the angels God places in our lives to comfort and help us through the tough spots. So you see, that angel will always hold a special reminder in my heart.

16 comments:

Kelli said...

Those sound like very rough years for you, Michelle. (((HUGS))). I'm so glad that God and your family helped you through such a hard time! I went through the same thing as your husband in 2001 and it's not fun! Your angels are just beautiful and the perfect reminder of how God comforts us! Thank you for joining in Show and Tell!
Kelli

someone else said...

I can see why the angel is so very important. That's a lot of trauma in a short space of time.

She's beautiful and definitely worth showing and telling about.

Susan said...

Michelle - Oh I love your Angel she is so beautiful and I know how much she means to you. Our Angels bring us so much joy.

Susie said...

Angels can be a wonderful source of comfort during the difficult times of our life!
I can only imagine your pain at having all those things happen in such a short span of time..
((hugs))

Trella said...

A very beautiful Angel. I can tell she means a lot to you.
Blessings,
Trella

Carole Burant said...

Such a beautiful angel and I'm glad she was there for you when you were going through such a rough period in your life. xoxo

Anonymous said...

What a very rough time for you!

LBP said...

Bless your heart! I can see why your angel is so special. I lost my mother when I was 16, so I can understand your loss.

Hugs!

Linda

Anonymous said...

I really like thoes angles. They are all so differnt and beautiful.

Karen

groovyoldlady said...

Oh my word! What a blessing to have a visible reminder of God's love and watch-care for us when we feel like the darts are coming from every direction. HE is good, even when life isn't!

Tammy said...

What a special and heart-felt "show and tell"!!

By the grace of God ... said...

Enjoyed your post this morning -- the specialness of your angel -- not the sad parts. How like the Lord to show me one and then reading your post -- "... angels God places in our lives to comfort and help us through the tough spots" I wondered about the significance and your post answered that!

DaisyGirl said...

We have angels all around us, I'm glad you have yours to help comfort you! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
I got my camera back up and working! Crazy boys. I can't let them lose the charger again.
Donna

Paula said...

Thanks for sharing about your special angel and for stopping by my blog as well. :-)

Blessings,
Mrs. C

Betty said...

Bless your heart you did go through a couple of rough years. Aren't we so blessed to have our almighty God to see us through these rough times......

Thank you for coming by to visit with me......

Sharon said...

Thanks for sharing your Angel, that was such a hard time for you and your family. I am glad that you were able to receive comfort from her.