Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A little dog and a quilt

Katie says hello! Probably wonders if you saved any turkey from thanksgiving. Hope you had a wonderful one if you celebrate it.
Here is The Rainbow bridge. I finished the little dog burying his bones and grumpy frog as I call the little hopper. Now off to do more of the verse on it.
This is Katie helping me with a project. Yeah right! More like sleeping while I am a busy little beaver.
And this is one good way to hurt your back and make your tush go nighty night. I am tieing off my "imperfect" quilt, then I will trim it and put binding on the edges. I call it imperfect because when I made it in the early 1980's, I was not a very careful seamstress. Therefore, the corners don't match all the time. I tucked it away for a long time because of that but you know it doesn't matter how well you do a thing. If it gives you joy to do it, don't worry that it isn't perfect or as good as someone else's. So it will replace our worn out bedspread.
Oh and just a little tidbit. The fabric for the top cost less than fifty cents. When we lived in Wichita, Jack would take me to Hancock Fabrics and they always had huge bags of scrap fabrics. I bought two bags and had enough for a couple skirts, and some curtains. The rest I used for the top. i made a template of cardboard and with fabric pen in hand I set about cutting out my sqaures with my sissors. Took some time but it wasn't work at all as I really enjoyed it. I love to create and feel the fabric in my hands.
So that is it for this post. God bless and huggles.

3 comments:

Nancie said...

Hi Michelle, I love your handiworks. They are so beautiful! The quilt is nice. I made one long time ago too. And thanks for sharing the cute picture of Katie. She is so sweet as usual :) Take care and have a wonderful day. God bless, Nancie

Nancie said...

Hi Michelle, I love your handiworks. They are so beautiful. The quilt is nice. What a great bargain that you got the fabric for less than fifty cents! And thanks for sharing the cute picture of Katie. She is so sweet as usual :) Take care and have a wonderful day. God bless, Nancie

The imPerfect Housewife said...

I think Katie was protecting you while you sewed. Love your pictures and a quilt is one thing I've never tackled. I think I'm too intimidated but I love to sew, so maybe... By the way, I'm heading to Hancock's today to get some flannel for my daughter to make some p.j. pants in her Home-Ec. class. Wait, it's not called that anymore, it's Family & Consumer Science. That sounds too technical to me. Have a great weekend ~ ♥