Thursday, June 13, 2019

June doings in my world!

Well hello again! The first week of this month was miserable as I had an abscess in a tooth. I did feel well enough after a few days of antibiotics to enjoy a special meal for our 39th anniversary the sixth. I will begin the process of having the last 9 teeth pulled the 21st of this month. Here is me all miserable. I still felt pretty rough when our priest and his dear wife blessed our house the fourth but it was enjoyable and we had a simple lunch here at the house together. Here I am looking much like a chipmunk. I could not even smile because of the swelling!
This is me with my grandfather's violin from the 1910's. I have wanted a good home for it for years since I have no family to leave it too. It went with Father John and KH. Marilyn to North Carolina and will have a wonderful home with their grandson!
What have I been doing crafty wise? Well, I have finished the piece for KH. Marilyn and Jack will be framing it hopefully before they return home this weekend.
And I am working on a tank top to wear as a cover up. It is a pretty simple fun project from Interweave Crochet.
Jack used a gift card and got Sylvia a tree for upstairs. She loves it so much she was trying it out early while it was still in the box!

Our dining room is all finished save for curtains. Jack will hang them when he is having a good day. I can wait!


Oh, enjoy a picture of tone of the gum trees in our front yard.
Jack surprised me with this darling little recliner this week for my early 60th birthday next month. Such a sweetie! Now I have a comfy chair in the craft room for crocheting and sewing!
So thank you so much for visiting. I will see you soon! Huggles and blessings.

10 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

I hope you are feeling better soon, it's such a lovely thing to pass your grandad's voilin on to a child to use.

Carol said...

What a nice room and that chair does look comfy! I need a sewing room as I intend to learn to sew with a machine soon, but I just have no room for a sewing room.

Mary said...

I do hope you will be feeling better soon, you and Jack have been having some rough patches but remember the Lord is with you. Your work as always is beautiful

Margaret said...

So sorry to hear about your tooth issues. Hope you are feeling better now. Love how your house is shaping up. Your crochet vest will be beautiful, and I love your finished stitch for your friend. That new tree for Sylvia is perfect!

Cathy said...

Such a pretty and comfy looking chair! Watch out - I think a certain pretty kitty may be staking it out!

Regina said...

Hi Michelle! So good to hear from you. I hope you are better by the time you read this. Your crocheting and sewing spot looks nice and happy 60th birthday!

PlainCatholic said...

We are keeping you in prayer for good healing. I miss your kapp. It was darling.

rosey175 said...

Oh no, toothaches are one of my top ten Grumpy Rosey things! I hope the pulling went well and you're on the mend now. Lovely of you to pass on the violin to a good home.

I really like the Interweave magazines (both knitting and crochet); they have some really lovely patterns! Sometimes some weird ones too though hah. Will you crochet some little doilies (or maybe an afghan :D) for your comfy new chair?

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I do hope you and Jack feel much better soon. Your home is coming together nicely. I've got most of the furniture in the house, but some is still in the garage. The walls? That's another story!

Love your chair!

I've missed you. I've not written much since my husband has not yet been able to get my old computer to connect with the new internet. Soon I hope.I'm borrowing hubby's while he takes a well-deserved nap.

Summertime is so wonderful. I'm hope you're enjoying it. Just heard the dryer buzz, I need to go.

Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,
Laura Lane

P.S. Just read about your honey falling. You need to ask someone at church to help with those curtains! Just being bossy 'cause I care.



Maggie Ann said...

I sympathize with your tooth problems...oh dear, if only it wasn't so. I had a molar pulled 6 weeks ago only to find out the chronic tooth aches were coming from my jaw and not the tooth! Now I've had an infection for a good while that won't go away. Thank you for your encouraging words...that means alot, especially since you are having teeth problems also~it is discouraging when there is no end in sight for a while, isn't it.

Your home pictures are lovely! Everything looks so homey. Loved the picture of your Sylvia Joy in the cat box. What a smile-maker!