Saturday, September 30, 2006

New chapter in grasshopper hunting


Well, now Katie-Bug likes to bring her larger grasshoppers in the house. a lot of time she places it at Jack's feet for approval. This thrills Jack to no end!!! LOL! Poor guy! I tried to tell him she is bringing him a treat for being so good to her. He says he would prefer a different token of appreciation. I think it is just too funny!!! Of course I make Jack pick up the thing and put it outside. I for one am NOT touching it! i will handle small ones but not the big ones. YUCK!!!!!!!

Yesterday I was quite amused. This has nothing to do with grasshoppers but is still a bug. There was a small praying mantis on my marigolds. Katie never saw him and I am glad. But anyway, when she would get too close, the mantis would rear back and pull his front feet up. Looked like he was just daring her to come closer. I wonder if he had little boxing gloves to defend himself? LOL!

7 comments:

Pamela said...

Oh, that is so funny Michelle. Our dog Shivan seems to have the same desire to please my hubby like that too. Only, he takes it a step further and they have developed this odd love ~ hate relationship, when my hubby goes to put the leash on he never knows if Shivan is going to growl and be agreeable. lol

I am with you, let hubby pick up the bugs...too funny!

Martha said...

Were you calling her Katie-BUG before she took up this little hooby? That really is funny.

AnneS said...

Your grasshopper tale is really funny ... don't love animals for those little treats? LOL.

Vonna said...

LOL! Cute stories!!
:o)

Anonymous said...

Love you're stories...keep them coming!
:o)

Martha said...

h-o-b-b-y

(My kids are laughing at me.)

Meari said...

Hahaha. I always smile whenever you tell your tales of Katie-Bug. One because they're cute, and two because I used to call my friend Katie... Katie-Bug. :)