Wednesday, November 1, 2006

It's a grumpy day!





Okay, right off I will admit I am G-R-U-M-P-Y!!!!! No two ways about it. First I hit my hand on the footboard of the bed the other night and really bruised it good. It hurts!!! So boo-hoo it's a pity party!!! Then I go out to take katie for a walk and Herbert the scarecrow is gone! They came right up to the front door and took him. Now I am mad!!!! Steam is coming from my ears! Then on our walk, Katie is being difficult. She barked and bristled at an elderly couple. To top it off she wouldn't listen to me when I told her to hush. A little tap on the nose got my point across. Later in the walk, she decided to pull out of her collar and do her own thing! One look at mom's unhappy face and she soon forgot THAT idea! She sat down and waited for me to put her collar on. After that she about dragged me home so she could sulk under her afghan. That was funny! Poor mistreated dog! Oh and yes, I do have an update on my stitching! Ta da!!!! I am almost done! so by for now from not quite as grumpy little ole me!

10 comments:

Martha said...

Sorry to hear you were having a bad day, but I'm glad to know you found a reason to smile.

Leeland said...

It's a shame! I'm so so sorry about your hand, and the scarecrow...
It's no encouragement to decorate...
Katie's gift to your hubby must have made his day, no doubt! Just like when our cats bring poor baby birds to our feet... Could be worse: the mice that my cat's neighbour brings to her family are still alive... I should be careful: she seems to have a fancy on me too... lol...
Your stiching -still very country- looks awesome!
Take care!

Susie said...

That finger looks pretty painful!
Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

_ said...

Ooh, I'd be grumpy too! Hope your hand feels better soon. And that was plain rotten about taking taking the scarecrow. Great wip you've got there. Won't be long before we'll be seeing a finished pic of it.

Carole Burant said...

Ouch you sure did whack your hand pretty good! Hopefully it won't bother you for much longer!! Oh no, I hate it when I hear of people stealing others' decorations from their yards...that's just terrible! Love your stitching project, very pretty!!

Megan said...

Oh no! Hope things are getting better for you!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Yikes, I know those kind of injuries hurt!
Well fiddle - faddle, why do people do things like take seasonal decorations...that stinks!!
Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!
Keep thinking positive!
:D

Anonymous said...

Michelle,

I'm sorry to hear about your scarecrow. I hope that today is going better for you. Your stitching is looking GREAT! Your needle must be smoking.

Kitty said...

Very lovely piece of work Michelle!!
What a shame that the scarecrow was being stolen just like that!! (but I must say, it's such a lovely scarecrow, too nice to place it outside!!)
I guess by now your hand is better, right? I've been a little busy lately, so I didn't write much comments... I admire all your work!!
Have a nice weekend ahead!!

Kitty

lena-lou said...

No wonder you were feeling a bit grumpy with all that happening, you made me laugh...sorry ;-)
Anyway onto stitching matters your progress is stunning as usual and you are so quick...wow!!